Thursday, September 17, 2009

Structural Changes

Apart from photography, I've really not updated this much in the last few months. There's a simple reason for that - I've pretty much had no time. I've been working 50 hour weeks for the past two months, and when I've got home it's been hard to muster up the willingness to do anything but make lunch for myself and pass out.

This past summer has been possibly the busiest of my life - both physically and mentally. So much shit went down (including my elbow ligament tearing itself and then going through three months of doctors not knowing what to do) that my art has really had to take a back seat.

However, things appear that they will return to relative normality at the end of the month. And when that happens, Dana, Maxton, and a backlog of other projects will all come spilling out to the forefront. But the most important news is that this site will be undergoing a major overhaul - to something that's more than just a blog. In fact, I've decided to make Dana happen, I need to start a company up. I've lined up a producer, camera crew, and all other departments except one - as well as casting my actors. But the site will essentially be the company, with the blog as a portion of it. I will have to have this running by the end of the year, which means I have to learn how to make a site - and then reload all the content to it. Starting a company in Ontario is a complete nightmare of red tape, but I've got most of the research done.

Of course, this blog will still be active in the meantime as the site is created. For the most part it'll be photos, but I'll also get a little bit of video content and another chapter of Maxton up. So just be patient.

Of course, if you're like me, patience is not your strong suit.

Mark

No comments: