Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Late nights, early mornings

Yet another late night where I can't sleep - I've been pretty energized with a bunch of various things, and naturally film is one of those.

For starters - Dana - the special effects/compositing is finally done. Now I just need to render out a bunch of different versions, send a version off to make a trailer, and start the submission process. Of course, money will be an issue there. I've been looking into Indiegogo after receiving some good recommendations about it - and after meeting another serious London Ontario filmmaker last Sunday, it looks like there may be some legs to using it - I guess it all depends on how good of a campaign you put together. His seems to be working fairly well.

Of course, now I plan on meeting with with Jason Gray to discuss the one commonality we have in this city - filmmaking. If you've got a chance, check out his site: Liminal Arts

It's actually been quite encouraging to meet another filmmaker that's at a similar stage as I am. I have a feeling there's a lot of information we can exchange.

We'll see how that goes. In the meantime, I've definitely got to start putting together some kind of press kit and promo material.

No comments: